We have simplified the process for submitting your music to us for store consideration…
To be considered for a feature on one of the download stores its vital that we get your marketing material at least two weeks in advance of the release date for Dance Indies, such as Beatport or Traxsource , and four weeks for the majors such as iTunes… and the release must be delivered to us AND in the store system when you submit your marketing request
Just some of the key bits of information the stores are looking at, when considering which releases to allocate marketing are…
- Number of Social Media channels the Artist has
- Number of Social Media likes / followers the Artist has
- Number of Social Media likes / followers the Remixer has
- Key DJ support ( with proof of plays / chart inclusions )
- Marketing spend on promoted social media & advertising
- Previous sales of the Artist / Label
- After release activity of the label – IE> are you promoting the release & linking to the store on release.
You can also enhance your chances by having professional artwork & a well branded label, along with its social media
Also make sure your tracks sound well mastered , give them the best chance to shine!
Online premiere’s are a great way to grab attention of both the stores, when the are considering marketing allocations, and your fans. Speak to sites such as Progressive Astronaut , Sweet Musique & Mixmag to see if their genre managers like your release & will feature it to their readers. There are plenty of others too! If you do secure a premiere make sure to include this in your marketing submission & include the number of followers the channel has & date the premiere goes live.
Just a few basic tips & data you should include in your submissions… If you are an ampsuite distributed label then please speak to your label manager, who will give you a link to our new ONLINE SUBMISSION FORM & some more hints & tips on what to include on it.